Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Back in Peru and not a day too soon! Read on..

Well changed my mind a couple of hours before my bus was due to leave and decided to go further down the Peruvian coast to Trujillo; partly because I didn´t like the idea of arriving in Chiclayo at 3am and partly because, I just can!

Well that´s not quite right but the 2 couples I´ve been doing things with in the last 24 hours (Australians I travelled with on the bus and Americans here in Trujillo on a visit to pre-Inca ruins), bickered away and I thought thank God I have only me to please, coz I can do without that. (The second reason really was that I thought maybe I didn´t have enough time to go both to Chiclayo and Trujillo).


These hairless dogs were bred to live at these pre-Inca sites

Checked my flights while I was on the bus last night and what do you know - in fact I go a day earlier than I thought! Well the plane goes at 1am which is very confusing for a woman who has to backtrack to August 10, a Sunday when I left the US, to work out just what day of the week and what date it is!

My last day in Ecuador I spent in Guyaquil. There´s a park there full of iguanas!




But of course, even better was my last day in Ayampe when I came across the whales at Los Frailles beach in the national park - here´s a big whale´s-tail splash for you!

No comments: