Monday, February 11, 2008

Swami Sukhbodanand

Well, what a time I've had! Thought I'd had water in my right ear since Gwalior and as it was worse on Friday I finally went to the ENT doctor who extracted a gi-normous lump of wax! How gross, but he tells me I have oblique ear canals so this is not my fault!!! But I have to put in drops and go back next Tuesday for the other ear, so looks like I'm here for a while...

Afterwards headed off to my Tabla lesson which I arranged the other day. The music school was open and deserted, so I sat down to read the paper and there it was - a notice of a 2-day Swami Sukbhodanand workshop on Saturday and Sunday. I daren't mention that 'K' word.


Swamiji at the start of Day 2. (Apologies for the poor quality)

This was one of the best things I've done in the last few months - he made us laugh (even in Hindi!); the other people - all Indian - were fantastic and celebrative and just so lovely to share this time with. Especially Neeraja who works in the hotel where it was held.


Knowledge discourses were mixed with pranayama, asanas and meditation - And yes, we did spend the last session dancing along with Swamiji. Got his autograph for Mataji and Guruji but not sure what they'll think of that!


The next day, still waiting to visit the doctor, I went to Ramoji Film City. Now why did I do that? - Well I thought I would experience Bollywood, this was the closest it got....



and I was extremely bored waiting all day for the bus to take me home.

So I set off today with great plans to book tickets out of here, get to the doctor, load my Flickr site, replace my soap that slipped down the loo while I was showering, and so far I've discovered the Kullu mouse struck 3 times on the sleeve of the dress Lee gave me; I fell in a big black puddle that splashed gunk all over the new suit pants and dupatta I had made to go with the dress that Lee gave me; discovered there's no trains nor buses to where I want to go, and to complete my morning a rat keeps running across the floor of this cyber cafe. Let me otta here!! See ya!

No comments: