Friday, February 15, 2008

Pondicherry

Pondicherry tailor replacing the zipper on the bag I bought the day before in Hyderabad!

Arrived here to discover all ashram accommodation is full in anticipation of celebration of The Mother's birthday on 21st February, one of 4 occasions each year when she traditionally gave prasad. Managed to get a room at one ashram guest house, where rooms are named after development goals (I'm in punctuality), for 3 nights, and the next 3 nights at another. With an ashram guest house pass you can go to collective meditation each evening - enjoyed that!

This is the photo of The Mother and Sri Aurobindo that is in my room.

Both are by the sea; the first cost Rs100 and I've just read a confirmation email and discovered the second will cost Rs1,000! OMG!!! In luck, just managed to get another day in my Rs100 room which means I'll be able to go to the concert on Sunday night at the Alliance Francaise with sarod and tabla backing a French jazz trio.
Not quite sure where I'll go after that. I've heard from Siam confirming the dates that we can meet in Myanmar, but there is one flight only with Indian Airlines which is on Mondays, so this changes all my other flight plans. So may have to go to Chennai to get it all arranged. Otherwise if I can rearrange flights etc. from here, I may head to Tiruvannamalai.

No comments: