Sunday, February 24, 2008

Hanging around in Chennai

Left Mamallapuram today for Chennai where I have a late night train towards a forest retreat in Aruku Valley in the Eastern Ghats of Andhra Pradesh.

Looking to kill some time, I followed the tourist office suggestion to go to Marina beach - second longest in the world (or some such). Whatever, it is the stinkiest! Couldn't hack it so I took an 'auto' to a shopping complex, ate cheese calzone, drank the best coffee (South Indian) since I left Om ashram, and have spent the rest of the afternoon checking email! Traveller's delights!

Now it's time to head to the Musical Academy for a concert of light music. Pleasant way to spend my evening.

The only spanner is that there was a sign at the station left luggage counter saying don't leave food in luggage and just remembered I've got a banana in mine! Hope there's no little "Mickey Mouse" in there too when I get back tonight!

No comments: