Monday, October 13, 2008

French Polynesia

Shock and horror at the cost of life, awaited me when I finally arrived in Tahiti. A king's ransom to get from the airport; doomed to a life of dorms and meals of crackers with cheese.

But of course there are wonderful things - breadfruit trees, delicious mangoes lying around under the trees fresh for collecting and eating; turquoise seas, wonderful snorkelling; manta rays and dolphins cavorting in the lagoon here on Moorea island.

Tomorrow I leave for Huahine, and then Raitea island, and finally in 10 days, I'm home.

So this will probably be my last blog post unless I stumble over an oyster with a giant black pearl and I can afford another 15 minutes on the internet! Thanks for reading and following my journeys. They have been the best.

Luv Jude

No comments: