Monday, January 7, 2008

Guru Jyoti dancing Shivo Ham in Rishikesh


After writing my previous post, I walked through Vrindavan market to the Yamuna river ghat and then back to the temple where I'd earlier seen a notice to join the "Mataji's daily afternoon" seva.











I sat and watched them threading flower garlands while the 'orchestra' played close by - Hare Krishna Hare Rama



Arrived in Gwalior on Sunday and as the guide book said - all hotels are pricey but with TV - so I thought well I'm just going to enjoy this - hmmm very difficult to leave and not just because of the extra 200 Rs of luxury. People are very friendly and the palaces (my next favourite thing!) are great.
The Vikram Mahal is on the left and behind the wall on the right is the Jauhar Tank where the 8 Rajput queens committed jauhar (self-immolation) in C13 as the Mughals advanced; and in the far background another palace the British turned into a water factory!

No comments: