Friday, December 28, 2007

Went to my last set of lectures at Sivananda Ashram yesterday. Really enjoyed them as they reinforced some of the knowledge passed on by Guruji and Mataji in satsang and for me this was very timely. I feel 'directed' again.

After the lectures, I visited with some former Hare Krishna devotees who now have an Ayurvedic centre here in Rishikesh. Purnamasi is going to Vrindavan tonight so it was a very timely meeting as she had all the info on a sleeper bus(!) - I had been told there was no bus only a 6am train from Haridwar.

Later on, Kumiko and I walked along the opposite bank of the Ganges where it is very quiet and peaceful.

Came across a small beach.

And further on as we climbed back up the bank, a sadhu's cave with built-in door!

2 comments:

wendz said...

Namaskar Judith,
Mataji told us about your blog at Thur nights Satsang!

Your adventures look really great and it has disturbed my old travel fantasy. The thought did rise that I could join you enroute' I am working hard to get seperate from it though!

We are in the midst of the busy tourist season and Ganesh is Maha busy. I am enjoying the challenge both pysically and sadhana way.

Your experiences in Sivananda Ashram sound very interesting and I look forward to hearing more!

Hari Om

Wendz

Jude's travel blog said...

Namaskar Wendy!
The Sivananda retreat was so good for me and it made me very aware of the great contribution they make. There was another Australian gatecrasher there and we met up again at the Krishna Das concert. She had been on an AusAid project so had lots of insight from there for me.

On the way from my music lesson I would pass the Sivananda Home for Dying and Destitute which had a wonderful 'slogan' painted beneath its sign: "Feed the hungry Clothe the naked Nurse the sick This is Divine Life"