Wednesday, December 19, 2007

View of Himalayas from OM Ashram, Laran Kelo, Kullu H.P.

After a blast of Himalayan chills and snow in Shimla last week, on my first peep at the world outside the ashram, I took off for Rishikesh asap, which I'm beginning to think I just may never leave!

My journey from Australia started out and I got as far as Darwin where we were grounded for 24 hrs!! Anyway finally got to OM ashram and my time there was so good. Although I had tried not to imagine, some expectations were there. They were surpassed. I feel so privileged to have spent that time learning from Mataji and Guruji. Will go again for sure.
So after a 26 hour journey with Indian Rail, Rishikesh is now easing me back into the world - can't imagine why I didn't ever come here before! Low season too which is my favourite anywhere in the world and after Kullu and Shimla, the climate is almost just right!
Daily yoga class with an excellent teacher. Really nice place to stay. This is the world from my balcony. Will definitely stay till after Christmas.

No comments: