Thursday, August 7, 2008

And that's a happy birthday to me!


Ooooh just had the greatest birthday dinner ever! Shrimp boil, soft shell crab, shrimp salad, Donna's tartare sauce, crusty bread, and an enormous, delicious death-by-chocolate cake with gold candles!

Oh Texas!


Birthday thoughts today found me reflecting that this truly has been a fabulous 12 months, and I'm still having the time of my life!


Much as I loved Guatemala,
I just wasn't quite ready for travelling again when I recently spent time there, but now I finally leave Texas in 2 days for Lima. I will be spending the next couple of couple of months in Peru, Ecuador and Bolivia.

I've changed my plans so that I don't spend any more than the few days
in Chile before I fly out to Tahiti at the beginning of October. There is still quite hazardous ash from volcanoes in the area where I was planning to go. On top of that, I also heard from a connection living in Chile, that to go further south beyond Chaiten to the glaciers area, was really not the thing to be planning for late September - cold and icy.

So instead I'll be travelling overland from Peru to Ecuador and Bolivia and spending most of my 2 South American months' travel in these 3 countri
es. I'm sure it will be a wonderful time whatever I do.

But imagine saying goodbye to all this...



Cranes on the dock and possums in the rubbish bin!

No comments: