Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Galveston oh...

Went on a daytrip with Liz a few days ago to Galveston which was so gorgeous. Still lots of history to the island despite the hurricanes.


Only downside was, Liz wasn't having a bar of me singing Galveston, Oh Galveston on the way, but we did get to do some really cool stuff like driving along the beach...and eating catfish.



Thanks to Liz's friend Claudette I also got to tick off another item on the checklist - she told us about the old Galveston soda fountain. Here's my yummy cherry soda!

The checklist - Hmm, well I've also now met a Skip - he'd been to a crawfish boil and bought us a big bag of crawfish to feast on; they're just like yabbies!


Sunday went for a great walk around Port Aransas. There is a fabulous birding center with alligators (which I didn't get to see!), turtles and lots of cranes and waders and fantastic roseate spoonbills.



And one just for Helen... I finished up my walk at the beach and there she was - south Texas surfer woman
heading out to the surf!


No comments: